Monday, December 13

I am still her



                                                        Hey you,
I know we have never really had a normal relationship, or have enough good memories to fill a book with. However, I will never deny the fact that we have formed it into something completely different. We have removed the day-to-day arguments we normally had to deal with, and replaced them with concern and kindness. Funny how all that happened. I can remember it as if it were yesterday. I was hard to deal with when I was younger, but it was simply because I was broken inside. High school was hell for me, and coming home to fighting, and no comfort zone was making it more difficult for me. I always felt that I was never good enough for you. I refused to do the things you asked of me only because I did not want to make you happy. I wanted the world to know what a horrible person you were to me, I wanted her to know as well. But, she never believed me. Never believed my words, my stories, or my tears. Even till this day, 6 years later, she still takes your side. I was always alone. I was alone as a child, and I am alone today. It is all right though, I have become accustomed to it. Since I have started listening to The Beatles, I have grown a huge obsession for them. And my love for their music will never fade, it will always be there in my heart. Since that day, it was the day you felt that we had something in common. Something to talk about. And since that day, we have had a good relationship. It has been a good 5 years, and I am very grateful for that moment. It gave me you, the sweet person I knew you were deep down inside. However, there are still days that arrive that you pull the old you back out onto display, and make me fear of his return. I am afraid of our relationship to take a complete 180 and return to how it used to be. Please, I beg of you... Do not let it go back to that. You are the only person in this world that can make me cry on the command of your finger tips. You bring me back to that place when I was 15, and I would cry in the corner of my room. Back to those days where physical pain was easier to handle than the pain you caused me, and the pain you were not aware of.


Father, please. I am still that little girl in that picture in our living room...

No comments:

Post a Comment